Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Music for Kindness

Hello beautiful people!!! 
So ive been thunking a lot about music that inspires kindness. Songs that look beyond just the repeditive lyrics of some degrading songs, or past songs about pain & suffering (dont get me wrong i do enjoy lots of songs in this category - particularly ones by Adelle &Taylor Swift - I mean "Hello"!), But What I am most thinking about are songs that inspire us to be better people. When I was about 17 I was introduced, by a friend, to the CD Spirit by Jewel. If you already know it, it is challenging and inspiring. I love her songs "Hands" and, the one that resonates most with me, "Life Uncommon". 

"Lend you voices only to sounds of freedom. No longer lend you strength to that which you wish to be free from. Live a life of love and bravery and you shall lead a life uncommon." - Life Uncommon by Jewel.

I have worked hard to lead a life of love and bravery. And I have failed as often as I have succeeded. But that is okay. I am not afraid to fail here. I have learned so much through my failings. Kindness often requires a bravery that I am not sure I have until after the fact. Bravery is feeling the fear and doing it anyway. 

The song 'Life Uncommon' has often been the song I would listen too when I was needing to reinspire myself to keep going. When I needed freedom from my fears or freedom from whatever I was struggling with at the time, this was the song I clung to. 

Today I was serching the YouTubes. I know its not actually called that, but I can't think of the right word. Anyway, i digress. I came across a Song and a video that was simply so beautiful that I had to share. 

For those of you who do not know, every year Life Vest Inside host the "Dance For Kindness" and the song below just happens to be one that is on a soundtrack for that event. I follow these awesome kindness advocated on Facebook and definitely on YouTube. I have even shared their videos before. "The Kindness Boomerang" video is a must see!  I just thought I would share the one i only saw today. It moved me. The lyrics are beautiful and the sound is amazing too. But the video is a tear jerker. Or maybe it just is to me! hehehe.  


What i would like to know from you is: 
What songs inspire you to live a compassionate life? A life of kindness? 
What songs or music do you put on to give you courage to face the day? Or energy to keep going? 
I would love to know, I have a little kindness playlist of songs. So if you have any songs you love, and think i might like, please let me know. ANd dont worry about genre, although it appears i only love female artists with ballads, i have a super eclectic mix of music in my collections. SO no matter who it is played by or sung by, not matter what style, please let me know and i will check it out! :)

Sending love and kindness to you all,
Love Daena xx

No comments:

Post a Comment