Friday, September 15, 2017

Sustainable September 2017 - Day Sixteen


SEPTEMBER 17 (SUNDAY)

FOOD & STORAGE - REUSABLE PRODUCE BAGS

Hi everyone,
Sustainable September is all about 'Making life a little kinder for our planet and all those who live here'. So i am looking at fun and hopefully useful ways to make your life more environmentally friendly but also kinder.

I have only just started this next one this year. Because i always forgot to pack them... but i do it all the time now. And it is one more way i am illiminating plastic coming into the house.

Sustainable September Day Sixteen : Use reusable Produce bags.

You can get them from a range of places. They are often made out of sheer curtaining or calico/100% cotton fabrics. They come in a range of sizes. The few that I have bought have come from Onya Bags.
You can check them out or even buy some on their website whose link is above.

However I tend now to make them myself. Which leads me to the days suggested activity.

ACTIVITY: Make your own reusable produce bags.


I use old bits of netting and old curtaining to make my own produce bags. I tend to make them fairly small because I dont like to buy too much of the nice things I want like dried fruits or even dark chocolate coated sultanas for a family member. You dont want to buy too many of them when they can be quite expensive, and they are are not the greatest for health in large quantities.

However you can make the bigger ones too. I just havent needed to yet because i already have the ones from Onya! So when they wear out i will be making my own.

At the moment we are having internet problems so downloading and uploading blog content is a little trickier. I am hoping to get them sorted out by tomorrow.

I Hope this finds you well,
Enjoy this short and sweet sustainable September blog post!
Love Daena xx

No comments:

Post a Comment