Sunday, September 24, 2017

Sustainable September 2017 - Day Twenty Five

SEPTEMBER 25 (MONDAY)

FASHION & BEAUTY - MAKE YOUR OWN MAKEUP & BEAUTY PRODUCTS

Welcome Sustainable September-ers.

Yesterday was all about reducing Plastic in our hair care regime. I am excited to take up Shampoo Bars.

Sustainable September Day Twenty Five: Reduce the amount of chemicals and plastic used in your beauty routine.

One of the simplest ideas to reduce the amount of the plastic and environementally un-friendly chemicals is to simplify your beauy routine.

For some guys this is probably less of a problem, however, there are some men who use more than me when it comes to health and beauty regimes.

" Cosmetics companies may use any ingredient or raw material, except for color additives and a few prohibited substances, without government review or approval. About one in eight of the 82,000 ingredients used in personal care products are industrial chemicals, including carcinogens, pesticides, reproductive toxins, and hormone disruptors. To top it off, U.S. federal law allows companies to leave many chemicals off labels, including nanomaterials, ingredients considered trade secrets, and components of fragrance.

The scariest of all? More than 500 products sold in the U.S. contain ingredients banned in cosmetics in Japan, Canada or the European Union. and here we are, buying this stuff up like it’s the cool thing to do." (One Green Planet)
I don't tend to wear much makeup except for the occasional promotions work I am doing at the moment. I have been working to change the products I do use (on the rare occasion that I do actually use them) to vegan and environmentally friendly. I recently upgraded to a vegan mascara, which is pretty good.

I also gave making my make up a go. It was a little bit of a failure. I know there is a lot of different recipes

ACTIVITY: Make your own Makeup and Beauty products.
For example:
Check out more make up ideas here. There are a lot of other ideas for Homemade Body Products on a new Pinterest Board of mine.

Enjoy
Love Daena x

No comments:

Post a Comment