Saturday, December 8, 2012

TOP SECRET... your mission should you choose to accept it!

Hey everyone,
Well, I have been promising this for months, but here is the final part to the TOP SECRET mission I have been planning for a while. Now for those of you who struggle this Christmas with everything... I wanted to give you something fun to do. This is meant in the spirit of Christmas, of love, joy, generosity and peace. And most importantly the spirit of GIVING! :)

What I would like you to do is find someone who looks like they could use a little kindness from you (that really shouldnt be too hard as its Christmas and pretty much everyone is stressed and could use a little kindness), and find a way to ANONYMOUSLY provide a Random Act of Kindness to them. This is just a little different to the usual kindnesses I do, so I am kind of looking forward to surprising a stranger.

For those of you who remember last year, around Christmas time, my little car broke down in a parking lot and a stranger bought me a bottle of wine. I was so surprised that I just loved that someone would do that for me, particularity around Christmas time when everyone is so busy and stressed about the Christmas celebrations. So i want to "Pay it Forward" but on a global scale.

If you have not seen the movie "Pay it Forward", I highly recommend it! It is a little sad in some points but it is really inspiring and very challenging! But it is an amazing movie none the less! (warning: I wouldn't watch the movie with your kids, until you have seen it first and can decide for yourselves if it is appropriate for them to watch!)

Anyways, I think I am getting a little distracted! woops!

This Christmas I wanted to encourage each and every one of you to do a Random Act of Kindness, and if possible to take a photo of that kindness so I can share it with everyone else here! and we can all see what affect this challenge has had on our world. I say, take a photo because a picture tells a thousand words and they seem to spread like wildfire on the internet (so please only share a photo that you are comfortable sharing on this page or that will eventually end up on Pinterest, Facebook or the like).

If anyone wants some ideas, I have a tonne of them on my Pinterest page here

Or here are 16 awesome photos of Kindnesses that have been done. I love these so very much but be warned... they may make you cry! My sister asked me to include this warning, after she was in tears after about the 5th one! :)

Also, if you want to encourage others to "Pay it Forward" then you can check out the blog by Thumba-Lea where she made special tags that you can print out and pass on (they are at the very end of the blog post)! :) Such an awesome idea! :) Also she has some awesome ideas for this Kindess challenge! :)

Oh, I forgot my favorite part! As an added incentive to get your stories and kindness photos back BEFORE Christmas, I am going to give the first three people the book "The Magic" by Rhonda Byrne. If you read the previous post you know how big an impact it has had on me, and I wanted to pass on the blessing it has been in my life. I know there are people from all over the world reading this blog,

I wanted to also give away a couple of the "The Power of Kindness" however, the books have not arrived in time, they may arrive in the new year (so might have to do something like this again). One of the reasons I have sort of been stalling...

So... where was I? oh, yes! If you can send me a copy of your photo, and a little story (to go with it), and your address (privately only) so that I can sent the books to you (if you want one... if not, that's cool too)! I look forward to how awesome this will be, not to mention fun!!! If you email me at act_positive@hotmail.com or contact me through the Facebook page (I can accept private messages with the Facebook Page!), we can get these photo coming! :) So very excited! :) 


I love that there are people from all over the world on this blog, and I look forward to seeing the global impact this challenge has on us all! And to getting to know my readers a little more... yes... I'm looking at you! ;)

I am planning on doing this photo Random Act of Kindness too... but I wont include my name in the book incentive part of this TOP SECRET mission... after all I already own the books! :) lol! But they are so awesome I have to share them with you all! :D

So Good luck! The last photos, to go in the book incentive challenge will be on Christmas Eve! I know that sounds a little Crazy, because it is so busy for all of us, but I think that we will all look forward to the joy we bought to others over the weeks leading up to Christmas! I will send the books out after Christmas so that they should arrive sometime in the new year (for more exotic locations, it could take a while... I don't really know what postal services are like in very many countries... so fingers crossed!). I am more than happy to keep receiving photos after that if you find you were too busy to send them to me before Christmas! :)


I look forward to hearing from you all soon,
Luv Daena xxx

p.s. If you want to hear another inspiring story of how kindness at Christmas made the world of difference, i suggest you check out this Bloggess post!  it made me cry with hope and joy! :) Maybe next year we can do something like this!? let me know if you are keen! :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment