Thursday, September 10, 2015

Sustainable September 2015 - Day Eleven

Hi everyone,

Are you okay? Today is 'R U OK?' Day. This is a day to ask those around you if they are actually okay. You do not need to solve anyones problem, just listen to what someone else has to tell you. Be supportive and act with kindness. Remember that age old adage... "everyone we meet is fighting a hard battle."

How did you go creating a rubbish free lunch? Did you reduce the amount of rubbish used?

I told you the other day that my Bamboo Toothbrush had arrived. I had my first use of them and I was surprised that they were very similar to the usual toothbrushes. I don't know why I expected anything different. I have to say... Bamboo Toothbrushes are pretty good. I used the medium bristle strength one (same rigidity as my usual toothbrushes) and it was basically the same. Not only are they good for your teeth they are excellent for the environment too! :)
*uses the force* this is not a dirty mirror... this is not a dirty mirror... these are not the droids you are looking for *Un-uses the force*
My niece and I brushing our teeth together.



Just a quick reminder that I do these Sustainable September Ideas a day in advance so you have time to plan ahead yourselves. Sometimes I am not so organised getting it done super early. Whoops. :)

So tomorrows Sustainable September kindness idea is:
September 11: Walk to work or school. 

This morning I walked my niece and nephew to school not far from my sisters house. And I was reminded how good it is for us and the environment. I was given the chance to really appreciate the beauty of the environment, and be grateful for the blessings that have been bestowed on us. Particularly that I was not rained on as I walked too and from the school.

My niece and nephew walking to school. Both kids growing up so fast!

I saw this beautiful Kangaroo Paw flower walking home from dropping the kids at school. So beautiful! :)


Most times I walk to work AND catch public transport. Thankfully I live close to easily accessible trains and my workplace is not far from the cities central hub, so it makes it easier to walk.

This is what my walk to work usually involves. The view of the City of Perth from the Claisebrook Bridge. Such a nice way to walk to work.


KINDNESS IDEA: If it is raining (and it was today) share your umbrella with someone. Or if you know ahead of time, offer to go in a car together. Car pooling also helps lower congestion on motor ways but also reduced the environmental impact compared to when everyone drives to work.
Please always be aware of your own personal safety and make decisions based on what is safe for you. 

I hope this finds you all doing alright. And if you are not okay today, that is alright too.
Sending love and hugs to you all.
Love Daena xx

No comments:

Post a Comment