Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Sustainable September 2015 - Day Ten

Hello my lovelies,

How are you doing today? What did you have your lunch wrapped in today? did you take time to make a lunch wrap? or did you put everything in a reusable lunch box? (Any less plastic in the environment is an awesome start).

It wasn't until earlier today I realised that I did a lunch box challenge last year for Sustainable September where I asked people to create a Rubbish Free Lunch Box. Based on the work of the lady who runs the blog Small Steps for Sustainability, she did a particular blog post JUST on Rubbish accumulated during her kids school lunch time... it was insane. Then times that by more than one meal in a school day, x days of school in a week, x school weeks in a year, and it gets astronomical. If we can reduce (and hopefully eliminate completely) the rubbish in our lunch boxes, then we help save the planet, one meal at a time.
So now that yuo have non-plastic lunch wrappers, lets look at how to...

September 10: Create a Rubbish free lunch.

I had a salad in a Tupperware container , and some nuts in another, much smaller, Tupperware container that I took to work today. Silly me forgot to photograph it, however it was delicious & there was no rubbish that would end up in landfill as a result of it. I think that is important.

KINDNESS IDEA: Ask Someone  "Are You Okay?"

Tomorrow the 10th of September is "R U OK? DAY. " It is a mental health initiative, that has you ask the simple question "are you okay?" This is a great kindness idea. If you have no idea how to ask this question... you can visit the website https://www.ruok.org.au/how-to-ask.

I hope you get something out of this idea. Also Check out "Small Steps for Sustainability" I met the lady who writes it last year and she completely inspired me. It was as a result of her blog I realised the full awesomeness that Sustainable September could be for 365days of Kindness, and made it happen. I've had many more inspiring people help me get this blog about kindness to the planet. So thank you to those who made it happen.

I hope this finds you all well.
Much love,
Daena x

No comments:

Post a Comment