Thursday, March 30, 2017

Lent gifting day 30

10 days to go until this lent gifting game is over. Which also means that there are only 10 days until Easter. What are you doing this Easter? How do you celebrate this season (or this set of holidays) if you don't celebrate Easter? 

I'm still not 100% sure what to do this year for Easter apart from make things or gift experiences. Or I could buy and or make food. My family loves food. Plus they all usually appreciate my cooking. So if I find something they like surely I can make it and give it as a gift to my family and friends and they will appreciate it. Fingers crossed. If you have any ideas... please pass them this way. 

Today's kindness for the lent gifting is actually more than one thing but I'm calling it one because it's part of a set. 
 
DVDs. More specifically Seasons 2-5 of Angel (the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Spinoff). I was kind of obsessed with this show when I was younger. I wrote one of my first fan fictions about characters from the first season of Angel (& I also wrote about the TV show "The Pretender" too) but that was a long long time ago. Needless to say these have been a part of my writing history. I love to write fiction stories, novels (all unpublished), romance novels and occasionally I write fanfics just to help me get over or to explain certain things in shows I love. And also... blog posts, essays & research notes. It's not all good writing. However I keep learning and growing as a writer. 
Hopefully my writing is getting better to you, my faithful reader, too! 

You might wonder why I am getting rid of a show I loved?! I realised that even if I don't have these DVDs I'm not going to forget how my teenage brain was obsessed with its shows characters. Or that I would eagerly wait for it to show on TV every week. Or how bad my writing was when I reread my fan fiction YEARS later, and it was bad. Hehehehe. I'm not afraid to admit it. I've still got so much to learn. But I've definitely improved since then. What I loved about the show was there were so many possibilities that made writing easy. Anything is possible in a world where demons & vampires exist. I have always been interested in ancient mythology so writing about demons and vampires wasn't really much of a step up or down from those ideas. 

Mind you demons are a fair way away from writing about kindness. Yet I am still passionate about writing and kindness. 

I'm most comfortable giving these away in the knowledge that I don't need them to be creative. I don't NEED these DVDs to write fun, scary, romantic stories. In fact by giving them away I'm opening up space in my room to be more creative. To have space to store my art supplies or my story journals (there are lots of these). I'll get around to finishing or rewriting the most interesting stories from the journals at some point. In the meantime I'll just keep writing. I'll write about thing that mean a lot to me like Kindness & being compassionate to one another on this big diverse world of ours. 
 I'm sure I've used this graphic from Pinterest before. I do love it though. I carry it with me always. 


Love Daena xx

No comments:

Post a Comment