Monday, January 13, 2014

January 12, 2014

Hello my lovelies, 
I was almost asleep when I remembered I hadn't posted for the day... So here are my kindnesses...

Today in Perth was another hot day to end a hot weekend and several fires started near my sisters house in the Perth hills! Thankfully my sister & her family are safe and are not currently under threat, however it looks like 27 houses have been destroyed and one life lost in a related incident! My sister and I have friends in the area affected and some people don't know if they have a house to go home to as they have been evacuated and whilst Some stayed to defend their homes the community has been greatly affected! My kindness today was for my sister, her husband & kids, who were having a prearranged day with the kids other grandparents, if I heard or saw any news I kept them informed about the developments. I also shared on my Facebook pages links for people to donate goods & accomodation to those who are without homes in the immediate future (or long term), for agistment for horses and services for those that needed then! In tragedies it is always so wonderful to see the amazing capacity for love & generosity that humans are capable of! It restores your faith in humanity! 

On a simpler note, I cooked one of mums favorite meals for lunch, for no other reason than that we had all the ingredients in the house! We even had the leftovers for dinner! 

My best friend is getting married in less than 2 months so I am organising hens nights and kitchen tea parties for her preparation of "wifedom" (I know it's not a real word but it's a good one)! So some of today was spent getting quotes and organising/writing invitations to these events next month! 

All in all for a day at home it felt really busy! I'm so glad my family is safe! I wish love and hope to those who have lost everything! I cannot imagine what you are going through! But I am sending love to you all! 

With kindness, 
Luv Daena 




No comments:

Post a Comment