Monday, March 20, 2017

Lent gifting day 19

I've been unwell the last couple days. So I'm feeling a bit out of sorts. I did still want to post my progress with this gifting game. So here it is. 

The below photo is of a hat I've used many times. I used to help my BFF with Relay For Life. For those that don't know about it it's a 24 hour challenge that is usually done in teams. You have to run or walk around an oval and get sponsored to do as many laps as possible in 24 hours. All proceeds go to The Cancer Council and to fund cancer research. 

I used to volunteer a couple days each year & help out the ceremonies committee which my Best friend was on. I think I have even featured this event in my blog before, a while ago. I don't wear my Relay For Life hat anymore so I'm donating it to charity. 
 
Now my best friend has moved interstate, I'm not going to be volunteering for Relay For Life now. It's not because I don't like them or anything, I do!!! I love their work. It's because other charity groups and other priorities have cropped up. 

I thought I would say thank you to my purple hat! Thank you for keeping me safe in the sun and keeping me warm in the moonlight. This hat has served me well. I hope it does that again for someone else. 

I also know that if I ever want one again I can buy a new one and support Relay For Life with the money from merchandising! :) win win. Not that I expect to be needing another one any time soon but it's a possibility. 

Hope you are all doing well! Feeling well and happy is important too! Make sure you look after yourselves and drink plenty of water! This is as much advice for me as for you. Hehhehe 

Love & hugs to you all. 
Love Daena xxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment