Friday, September 14, 2018

Sustainable September 2018 Day 14


Today I had a nice day in the office at work. We spent the day labelling finds, specifically bags of pottery, ready to be taken to a local museum. Which meant I got to know a few of my colleagues a bit better. We had a nice time laughing, joking and of course working! 

This next idea is one I have only recently instigated. Since the beginning of March. So it’s pretty new in its usage. 

14. Choose the 30x rule

This is a great rule for clothing, although it could be applied to other things.

Before buying an item of clothing, you have to agree to using a piece of clothing 30 times before you are allowed to give it away.

I do this with all my clothing that I buy from now on. I record this in my little (BuJo) book so that I know how many times I have worn a specific item.



This has actually saved me money too. Now I am much more discerning about what I buy because I ask myself if I will wear something 30 times. Often the answer to the question is no. I like something but not enough to wear it so many times. Either that or I want to buy clothes for a specific one-off purpose.

I have found instigating this rule has actually made me creative because I am more likely to use what I already have than buy something that I will not use a lot.

How are you finding Sustainable September? Do you have any questions or ideas of your own you’d like to share? 

I hope this finds you all well, 
Love Daena 



No comments:

Post a Comment