Sunday, September 30, 2018

Sustainable September 2018 Day 30


I cant believe its over! 30 days of September have flown past! I have been celebrating and exploring Reading,UK today on foot with my boyfriend G. 

(Watching the swans being fed by the locals whom the swans and ducks love). 

(We found this amazing old steam board that had been converted into a function room on the shade of an amazing pub!) 

We have been having a great day exploring new places and seeing what this city has to offer.

As today is the last day of Sustainable September I am going to leave you with the best advice I can.

Day 30. Be kind to yourself.

I have had to learn this one myself. We are often our own harshest critic. I have personally had to learn not to be afraid of making mistakes.

Failure is going to happen, but don’t beat yourself up about it too much. Everyone is at different stages of this Sustainable journey. As much as I love the idea of a Zero Waste lifestyle, I know it is not 100% possible.

If we all aim for a low impact life, there is not so much pressure with that label. It gives you permission to make mistakes. Because realistically we all make mistakes.

I live by the motto: When I know better, I will do better and until then I will do my best. 

Thank you to everyone who joined me for sustainable September this year. It has meant a lot to me to have your encouragement and support. 

Thank you all so much. 
Love Daena

No comments:

Post a Comment